In the news this week a southern California man was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and had (by rough estimate) 1-million rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also has a secret escape tunnel. The television reporter said: "Wow! He has about a million machine gun bullets" and the headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache".
By California standards someone even owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable."
If he lived elsewhere, such as Arizona he'd be called "an avid gun collector". In Arkansas, he'd be called "a novice gun collector".
In Utah, he'd be called "moderately well prepared", but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.
In Montana, he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy".
In Idaho, he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate".
In Wyoming, he'd be called "an eligible bachelor" and, in Texas, he'd be called "A huntin' buddy."
- an avid gun collector - страстный коллекционер оружия
- a novice gun collector - начинающий коллекционер оружия
- moderately well prepared - средне подготовленный
- The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy - местный знаток, авторитет
- a likely gubernatorial candidate - вероятный кандидат в губернаторы
- an eligible bachelor - завидный жених
- a huntin' buddy - приятель-охотник
Если Вам понравился данный материал, пожалуйста, нажмите на кнопку от facebook, – чтобы о нем узнали другие люди. Я буду Вам очень благодарна! Спасибо!